Thursday, February 10, 2011

Geez, just Stop Why Dont' Ya!

Recently, I attended a discussion on the purpose(lessness) of spirituality.  I think this parable sums it up nicely.  This is bastardized from Adya, but he won't mind, him being me and all.

Guy is jogging, just running along.  Another guy runs up beside him and asks,
"Hey, what are you doing?"
Jogger says, "I'm running".
Other guy says, "What for"
Jogging dude replies, "Running, man.  I'm trying find something".
Other guy asks, "What are you trying to find".
Jogger answers, "Rest".
"Rest?  "Um, like, why don't you just, like, stop running?"
Jogger gets excited.  "Holy crap!  I didn't think of that!  Great idea! What a minute.  I can't!  I can't stop!  I can't stop running, what will I do?!?
Other guy, who by the way turns out to be God, only with a bad 80's mullet, says,
"Hey, run faster.  Run like hell, flat out!  It's just around the corner, Run!  Run until you are exhausted, and soon enough Rest will find you".

1 comment: